Monday 14 April 2014

Touched By Confrence





Hey Guys,
Another great week this week. On Saturday and Sunday we were able to watch all of general conference. I really loved the talks shared. So last week I spoke about the drunken guys who met us on the street and called us saying he wanted to come to church. We met with the 2 of them and 5 other guys on Wednesday. It was really cool but quite sketchy. They all seem interested which is really cool. They really wanted to come to conference yesterday but they couldn't get transport, which was a shame. Hopefully they will be able to come next week, and hopefully all 7 of them which will be really cool. Also we met a lady at abbey cross where we go and sing each Wednesday and we have started teaching her, so hopefully that will go somewhere. 
Also on Friday we were able to go to the temple which was a very nice experience, I love going to the temple and doing the work of the lord, and getting people ever closer to eternal families, even though some may never accept it even though we do the work for them, we still have to do the work so that too can have the chance to accept this gospel, so I invite each of you, when the opportunity comes up for you to go to the temple, don't run away from it, I promise god will bless you greatly is we do the work of the lord. 
I will share a couple of thought I loved from conference. I loved the comment made about family history about how a mother was delighted to see her 17 year old son, as soon as he comes home from church, jumps on the computer to do family history. How many of us as soon as church is over go on our phones to check Facebook, well I know I did, so I too am guilty of it. It just shows how everyone of us need to improve and maybe instead of going on Facebook after church, do some family history or do something with the family to build that relationship.
Also I love the thing said by someone I can’t remember who it was that said it  " in the past we used micro film at family history centres, to now sitting on the computer in the comfort of our homes and doing the same great work". It really is amazing how much the world is changing. I invite each of you to take a look at how much we are devoted to the gospel, and if there is something that we are not doing and we are asked to do in the church then, please change and do it, god will bless you abundantly. 
I really didn't enjoy going to conference back home but on my mission I have come to love it greatly, and the great thing now is we can look at the talks on the internet, listen to them on our phones, iPod’s etc. We can listen and read talks 100x over. 
I love the gospel and I know it is true without any doubt in my heart,
I invite each of you to gain a work hard to develop a love for the gospel, ask Heavenly Father for help, he is waiting to help, he is knocking, and all we have to do is open the door. 
I love each and every one of you.

Elder Turney xxx 

No comments:

Post a Comment