Tuesday 11 February 2014

No internet but the work goes on





Hey Guys

Sorry this week’s blog it’s a day late, but the internet café near us didn't have any internet signal at all yesterday. The week before we were late because of power cuts, but its all part of Missionary life.
 So this week has been busy but good. On Monday we emailed and shopped but because my companion was becoming district leader we had to go to the mission office in Roodeport for his meeting.
Tuesday was transfers so all but me and my companion went to the office, Our old district leader went, that’s why my companion has now become district leader, the new Elder that replaced him in our district is Elder Whiteside's he is a missionary that came out with me and we were in the MTC together, which is awesome :)
I also found out that I will be getting transferred on March 18th, and the postal service is on strike so if you send me a letter it may not get to my flat before I get transferred. So I would suggest that you send it to the mission office, for the time being, just to be safe.
So the rest of this week has been normal no amazing experiences. Abraham who was baptized and confirmed recently is making good progress he is slowly but surely remembering stuff, which is really good :)
Also I’m not sure if I told you guys about Rafilway she is a pastor’s daughter. She is making good progress. She told her dad that next week she will be coming to our church and not to her dads which is really good, but I also appreciate that that must be hard for her family we know how we feel when family members of our church go else where.
 Also she has an older sister who is in love with me and apparently I’m all she talks about, so I will have to keep a close eye on that, not a good situation for a missionary to be in.
 Just got to remember Mission rules always stay with your companion don’t put yourself in situations of being on your own with people now you can appreciate why we have these rules.. And why we must stick to them. Hopefully it will all be ok :)

I’m continuing to love my mission; I really know why they call it the beast 2 years. I would encourage anyone who has that desire to serve a mission, go talk to your bishop, and get the process started.
You will not regret it I promise you :)

Love You All


Elder Turney xx

No comments:

Post a Comment