Monday 9 September 2013

New Area New Companion






Date: September 09, 2013 

Area: Mabopane 

Companion: Elder K McKim

Hey guys,

Thank you so much for the birthday wishes. Unfortunately I have not yet received any cards or presents.

I am now in a new area called Mabopane, its a township, and my new companion is Elder Mckim, from Adelaide Australia, he seems like a cool guy. 

On Tuesday which is when we did the transfers, we went to Romans pizza for lunch and it was really nice, then we drove to our flat and on the way we went shopping so I could get a few things. Everything seems so expensive but the exchange rate is at 13 rand to the pound.

We went back to the flats and I unpacked  on Wednesday we were in our area, it seems really nice the people are so nice.

We have been teaching some good lessons. Thursday to Sunday was pretty much the same, we've had some good lessons the people are so nice, there so accepting of the gospel. 

Sunday was nice I bore my testimony in fast and testimony meeting.

The people in my district are cool there names are Elder Dalton from Utah and Elder Tew from Utah haha.

My home sickness is going away but is still there but its healing.

I'd like to bear my testimony that I know the church is true, I know that Joseph Smith did see Jesus Christ and heavenly father. I know the Jesus Christ died for us. I know that we can be with our families for all time and all eternity, and I'm grateful that I get to be with my family for Âll time and all eternity and I look forward to living in the celestial kingdom. I love the church and I love my Heavenly Father. I say these things in the name of Jesus Christ.

Amen.

Thank you guys once again for the birthday wishes and can't wait to tell you all about my stories when 

I return home with honour, 

love your guys,

take care 

love Elder Turney

No comments:

Post a Comment